My Outlaw car

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

My Outlaw car

Post by davet »

4WD, solid axles mounted in bushings, spur gears inside drive wheels driven by pinion gear on motors, blue power switch seen on side, microswitch on nose to keep power OFF while against the starting pin, microswitch on bottom to cut power on stop section, wheels grooved down center to keep O-rings straight, 9.6 volt battery. One hr before race I shorted out the 9.6 v battery while soldering the wires on. Installed a 6v battery and removed the front motor. The starting pin dropped and it shot down the track so fast it caught me off guard. I barely caught it even though I was kneeling at the end of the track watching it. My 7yo daughter painted it so she could feel part of the Pinewood Derby experience. My buddy videotaped it but he only got taking off then after me catching it. It was too fast. The power cutoff switch on the bottom was functional but did nothing to stop the momentum of the car.

It rested on the viewing stand with all the other Outlaw cars which were really beautiful. Mine was like a Frankenstein amongst runway models. A kid even knocked it off the table before the race but no harm done.