Lamborghini Gallardo and Hot Wheels Prototype H-24

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
IPACA9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lamborghini Gallardo and Hot Wheels Prototype H-24

Post by IPACA9 »

Thought I'd share my two boys cars for this year. This was my first year making fenders and a full body. It was a learning lesson. I didn't even think about the sides hitting on the track due to them being a little narrower than the wheels on the inside. They weren't the slowest but they could have been so much faster.

My 8yr olds Lamborghini Gallardo
My 5yr old's (Siblings Division) Hot Wheels Prototype H-24.
They both took top honors for Finest Workmanship and Judges Favorite
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo and Hot Wheels Prototype H-24

Post by birddog »

Wow, those look great! Do you get to take them to districts for an appearance competition?

birddog
IPACA9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by IPACA9 »

Honestly I have no idea what that is. It's never been discussed in the three years that I have been in scouts with my boys. We've always just done our race within our pack and that's all I knew.

Here's some of the past cars.

Last years. My son's Batman and my Robin's Tow & Recovery. Robin has to be good for something :)

2013's Indy Car. This was the 2nd fastest car for the day. Got beat out by a painted block of wood. Kind of disappointed it wasn't some "cool car" that beat us. It was just a block painted and said "I love MOM" on the top of it...lol
Last edited by IPACA9 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

If a Team's only goal in the Derby is speed, then Physics dictates your car be a certain way. I suspect that block of wood you mentioned probably took countless hours to make it go that fast. When the scout was accepting his First Place award I'll bet he thought his block of wood looked pretty COOL. When my block of wood gets beat by someone else's block of wood, I make sure I'm the First one to Congratulate him. I know he worked hard to do it. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely Love scouts who build cars with a fancy design.
Cheers
Bill