Our 2015 Lineup

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
jmalsa
Journeyman
Journeyman

Our 2015 Lineup

Post by jmalsa »

Hey everybody so just thought I would share. It has been awhile that I was here. So below you will see our family lineup. So first up was my car. I was going for a three peat for design for Best non-scout car. I was beaten by an aircraft carrier which was too large to even race. (So new rules need to be put in place that the car needs to be race eligible.) My son (a Boy Scout) who's whole goal was to beat me in design. He accomplished his goal. The aircraft carrier got 20 votes, my son who's car you will see after mine below got 18 votes and I came in third with 11 votes.

My car

Next my older sons car. He did all the work and came up with the idea himself. As a Cub Scout he won a few design awards over the years including most artistic and most creative. I just gave him the wire and disabled an old remote for some parts. He definitely was the tallest pinewood car I had ever seen.

Next up my wife's car. Anyone hungry? She was mad she only received 4 votes for Best non scout design.

Here is my younger sons entry. His basketball team right now is the Marquette Warriors. Was going for speed but had to play with wheel at check in to have all four touching per rules and messed up the set up and got a wiggle going down the track. Lesson for him to learn for next time.

Last but not least my 7 year old daughters car . She wanted Frozen of course. So dad came up with this. Her car was in our open division so it was legal. She was going for the Most Girly design award and she won it for a second year in a row. She helped dad use the drill press and drill the holes for the axles as well as painting and gluing all the spoilers and such. I mixed up my own acrylic and then pored it in a bottle. Was twice the weight so I cut the bottle in half on the band saw and then the sanding began. This was my first experience with acrylic.

Hope you guys enjoy. Thanks to all on here for your ideas and knowledge. Next year it will be speed again for me seeing I was dethroned. Also it will be my younger sons final derby and his den is going to try to make sure they leave with the fastest den award. Tigers took it this year.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Our 2015 Lineup

Post by Darin McGrew »

Nice designs! Thanks for sharing!
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

Very innovative! The acrylic chassis is pretty cool looking.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Some real time and effort went Into those cars.
and it shows. Real nice.
I'd enjoy a more details on the arcylic used.
Last edited by sporty on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by birddog »

Very nice! Thanks for posting.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Very nice job with all the car builds!
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
jmalsa
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by jmalsa »

So here are pics of the acrylic used and the bottle. As you can see from the label got it from Hobby Lobby. Did use the 40 percent off coupon for it. It does get quite warm/hot when curing.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Very cool. My wife would never put that kind of effort into a car...no effort really. Fun family sport for you guys.