Web Car?

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Web Car?

Post by gpraceman »

I love the silver web-like car in the middle. A very cool and original design! I found this while doing a web search.

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Web Car?

Post by birddog »

I wonder if the web structure is made out of wood or metal? I'm curious of it would pass inspection for rule sets that say the base structure must be pinewood.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

birddog wrote:I wonder if the web structure is made out of wood or metal? I'm curious of it would pass inspection for rule sets that say the base structure must be pinewood.
It's hard to say. I just found it while surfing the web. There was no description of it on the web page where it was posted. I would definitely like to get a closer look at it to see how it was built.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ah8tk »

Here is another view of the same car:

The base of each wheel set is wood, I guess it depends on the rules this raced under.

The web structure is definitely a metal, i'm guessing stainless steel.

It is very cool idea for a car. I found this years back when I was looking for cool PWD cars to make a video that I show before and during the race, times when we don't want to show the GPRM race screen.
ah8tk
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ah8tk »

It was apparently built by Matt McConnell, he seems to be an artist who makes sculptures from steel, wood and acrylics.

http://www.mattmcconnell.com/

it is called the 'Future' -Pine Car Derby Racer - lots more pictures here.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

ah8tk,

That's awesome. Thanks for that info and the links to more photos on that car. It is truly a work of art.
Randy Lisano