Scud Launcher

Show off your cool vehicle designs and track burning speedsters!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scud Launcher

Post by gpraceman »

Well, I wanted to build a Scud Launcher for the Mid-America race's Big Rig "B" Division.

Here's the inspiration:

Below is how it turned out. It has been very much a rush job. I had to laugh when I put the wheels on. It is sooooo out of scale. I made the mistake of trying to scale the drawings of the vehicle to fit the big rig rules, without considering the actual size of the BSA wheels. I should have made it skinnier, not as tall and the rocket a smaller diameter to look better with those wheels. If I had the time, I would start over. Oh, well. I'll finish it off and race it anyways. Before our next Awana race, I'll try to find some larger wheels to put on it!

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scud Launcher

Post by gpraceman »

Ugh. The paint job is not going so well. This rig may not race after all. I may just start from scratch after Mid America.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

gpraceman wrote:Ugh. The paint job is not going so well. This rig may not race after all. I may just start from scratch after Mid America.
C'mon, let her roll! :D
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Sorry, she didn't make the trip. I should have known better than try to slap it together at the last minute. That and trying to do a paint job on a dimly lit porch. That led to some paint runs. Oh, well. I'll have a better version ready by next year's Mid-America race. Actually, I'll get her done before our church's Awana race in November.
Randy Lisano

Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

gpraceman wrote:Sorry, she didn't make the trip. I should have known better than try to slap it together at the last minute. That and trying to do a paint job on a dimly lit porch. That led to some paint runs.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Randy,
The Scud launcher would of made for a good looking class B big rig wish you would have raced it.. It was alot of fun!

My class b rig was a rush build as well.. I really dident think it would run with all the weight I packed on it.
I had problems with painting the buddy l trailor and my wife had her toubles with her truck as well we had to work them over with some steel wool to smooth out problem areas.

Hope to see you race the Scud Launcher some time it looks good!
Don't know how it would look with some large blast car wheels on it.. But may be some wheels to look at for it.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?