Pinewood Derby Podcast

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pinewood Derby Podcast

Post by gpraceman »

I found this podcast that I found very interesting and informative regarding building derby cars. He does talk a bit about league racing (which is not the focus of this forum, of course) but his current podcasts are concentrating on youth racing. These can certainly help novice racers.

Inclined Kinetics Podcast
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ironband
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Pinewood Derby Podcast

Post by ironband »

Thanks for the mention! I'm having a lot of fun doing the podcast. Any feedback anyone has is appreciated - I'm new at this and hoping to improve over time.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

A suggestion for your podcasts is to throw out some industry news. Things like Best Track's new servo start gate, Stuart Ferguson looking to retire and selling Micro Wizard and Derby Magic's new drag racing system are some recent events. Maybe even new versions of some popular race software being released. :lol:
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Andre does a great job of laying things out. He brings on guest speakers to help paint the pictures. All in all good info to have if you want to build a fast pinewood derby car. And, to date, what to avoid - so you're not embarrassed if it is your first build/race.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Unfortunately, he hasn't put out any new podcasts since August. Hopefully, he will soon.
Randy Lisano

Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

Andre's daughter is suffering from anorexia. He has turned all his attention and all of his non work time to keeping her alive.

We have been praying for Emma and the family.

While I hope he is willing and able to put out new podcasts soon, I don't expect anything new this year.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Eagle wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:40 pm Andre's daughter is suffering from anorexia. He has turned all his attention and all of his non work time to keeping her alive.

We have been praying for Emma and the family.

While I hope he is willing and able to put out new podcasts soon, I don't expect anything new this year.
Sorry to hear that. Family is first and foremost.
Randy Lisano

mclewis_13
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by mclewis_13 »

I devoured this entire podcast today. Rated it 5 stars and subscribed. Awesome job man. I really enjoyed it and can’t wait for more. My prayers are with you.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Eagle »

ironband
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by ironband »

Thanks guys,

I'm hoping to resume regular production after the new year. I'm happy to do some industry news and whatnot. As Eagle mentioned, I've had my hands full.

Next episode will be all about weights, and the one after that will be about aero.

Andre