Hey "Jungle Jim"

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
RACER X
Merchant
Merchant

Hey "Jungle Jim"

Post by RACER X »

Hey Jungle Jim,

Whats the story on your logo you use on here?

There's gotta be a story here.

Racer X
Driver of #9 "The Shooting Star"

I would like to thank my sponsors: Dremel Tool, House of Kolor paints, Craftsman Tools, Derby Worx Pro Tools & Derby Worx Pro Wheels, Micro Finish & sand paper and 3M tape.
Jungle Jim
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Hey "Jungle Jim"

Post by Jungle Jim »

The name comes from a “Funny-Car” racer who was very popular long ago. When I was a kid I used to put together models of cars, ships, planes, etc. My father who was into racing as a hobby decided one year to make a PW car out of one of my models. He went out and got a “Jungle Jim” funny-car model and used various parts, i.e. the engine w/blower, transmission, wheelie bars, etc. and of course the JUNGLE JIM decals and built a rail-style of racer. I don’t remember if it was fast, but it sure was cool! (I guess nowadays it would be called X-treme). Anyways, that car is one of my favorite memories for lots of reasons.

And what about you, Racer X ?
Jungle Jim
RACER X
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Hey "Jungle Jim"

Post by RACER X »

I thought that's what the logo was from. I remember "Jungle Jim" as a kid my self.

"Racer X" of course comes from the show "Speed Racer" I lived for that as a kid. Now that I am older, I think "Racer X" is the guy and my son I call "Speed" from time to time goofin around.

Racer X is also the name of one of our favorite magazines, it is a motocross magazine we both enjoy. So hence the screen name: "Racer X".

I just haven't found a pic of "Racer X's" car for my logo. That would be cool. But he is so mysterious, it might be hard to find.
Driver of #9 "The Shooting Star"

I would like to thank my sponsors: Dremel Tool, House of Kolor paints, Craftsman Tools, Derby Worx Pro Tools & Derby Worx Pro Wheels, Micro Finish & sand paper and 3M tape.