District results

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

District results

Post by psycaz »

We had our district race on Sat. My son finished 5th in rank, .005 total over 6 runs out of 4th and a trophy and a spot in the finals.
Track looked about 36' pin to finish line.

It was longer than what we were given in the rules as they inserted another 8' section to accommodate the trucks that would be racing.

Times were:
3.120 :roll:

That 3.120 killed him. The track actually had the slope all the way to the ground then back up an 1/2" to what be level for the flat. I think he may have jumped up on the rail for that bad time - car was set to ride the rail, about 1' over 3'. A car that was faster than his actually had a run that was .100 slower than the rest of his runs - but a different lane than my son's bad run.

He took losing very well. He was disappointed, but he knew he did his best.

Mom won her open class using my car as her's was dq'd at check in (that story is in another post).
Times were: (car uses 1g wheels)

Another railrider, same pull as my son's car. I missed the first 4 runs as my son decided just before racing started that he needed to use the restroom :shock:

That last time looked like we caught the rail a bit at that point were the track came back up.

I'm pleased with how the cars ran. We know we need to find more speed as the overall winner had times sub 3 for the scout cars. We have a year to experiment and find it.

I'll post pictures later as I need to take some :mrgreen: