Favorite DerbyHappenings of 2007-here's ours, what're yours?

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Favorite DerbyHappenings of 2007-here's ours, what're yours?

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Here are "Team Bubba"s Top 10 Favorite DerbyHappenings for the 2007 "Season" (in no particular order):

1) Discovering (and joining and participating in) DerbyTalk, where we have become acquainted with, and learned a lot from, a lot of wonderful people. Thanks all you guys!!! Not to mention blowing the cobwebs out of the remote corners of our brain we use to consider and process those "physics questions".

2) Having the boy from our Pack who's father came to our house for some PWD advice go from nearly last place last year to 2nd place Den, 4th place Pack (behind 2 of our boys and 1st Place in his Den) this year.

3) Entering the wild world of Tungsten (cubes for the DKL rail car - pics to follow, and plates for Blue Lightning).

4) Watching MomDerby's PWD journey unfold in the post Mom Looking for strategies to help my son place better, in which he most certainly did.

5) Helping run the Pack PWD this year (and now I'm next year's Chairman...). Also going to the Council PWD Committee Meeting for a rules question, joining the committee, and being "volunteered" to run one of the 4th grade tracks at Council this year.

6) Watching my boys (and girls) do more and more of their own work (Thanks DT guys for the "reminder" and for all the good jig and other kid-friendly method ideas). Before long they're going to make better cars than I do!

7) Watching the development of GameDay's Elmo Car, starting quietly enough in Grandparent Cars 2007 - Doughboy and Chicken Caddy and ending spectacularly in Elmo Lives!.

8 ) Making it to the finals at our Council races this year with Blue Lightning, where we ended up placing 2nd in our class. Also meeting Sporty and his boy in real life at the Finals where they placed 3rd in the 5th grade class. (nearly 1200 boys total participated in this event).

9) Watching Down and Derby (so exactly how many times can you watch a DVD before it begins to "degrade")?

10) Having a prototype of the Older Boy's car set the 1st Rookie Record at PWDracing.com (sorry Randy, not trying to advertise but it is one of our favorite moments this year).

Anyone else care to contribute their own top 10? (or 9? 8? 15?...)
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby