National RA Race

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
RMoose
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

National RA Race

Post by RMoose »

Some news that may be of interest to those who race cars with the Royal Ambassador church groups. :D

I found out yesterday in a training meeting that a national RA race is in the works for next year on June 7, 2008 in Indianapolis, Indiana. I got a copy of the official rules and have looked at them briefly. The main points are as follows:

This race is being held to raise money for world hunger relief. There are entry fees for each event which will go towards that goal. Qualifying takes place through your state RA association races, but to compete you must build your car according to the national rules. There are four different events taking place -
(1) the national race with 6 qualifying from each state for grades 1-6.
(2) a "show & shine" competition which is for design and is apparently open to any RA who wants to come!
(3) a challenge race where you can challenge another car to a "one on one" race. This also is apparently open to any RA who wants to come and take part, and
(4) the Pace Car contest. This seems to involve a special pace car kit you order and build, then send in a photo of your completed car for judging. Two will be selected from all entries to be the first two cars raced down the track at the National race.
More details and a copy of the rules can be found at www.royalracers.com if you click on "national race" in the upper left corner.

I'm guessing this is part of the celebrations for the 100th anniversary of Royal Ambassadors taking place this year and next.
We are Ambassadors for Christ