Bushy Run District Pinewood Derby Championship Results

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Gavin Chafin
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Bushy Run District Pinewood Derby Championship Results

Post by Gavin Chafin »

darin_mcgrew wrote:
Gavin Chafin wrote:I used to route out the well for the weight; now I'm just going to use the drill press. My son is definitely capable of lowering the drill from the drill press into the car.
I'm gonna lose my Tim the Toolman Taylor secret decoder ring for this ("More Power!"), but have you considered using a chisel? You might miss the whrrrrrrr! of the electric motor, but a good sharp chisel is a great tool for this, and it's a tool that a kid can use with adult supervision. The key is to make sure it's good and sharp. If you have to force the tool, then it isn't sharp enough. It's faster and safer to sharpen the tool and then use it once it's sharp.
Yeah, I've considered it. Unfortunatley, my son's muscle tone and coordination doesn't allow for it. I think it'd be easier to have him lowering the drill press. Actually, he enjoys it.
Barga Racing
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Barga Racing »

terryep wrote:My son wants to build an ice cream truck this year. :shock:
That would be cool.
terryep wrote:I was thinking of a battle tank to use up some of our practice wheels! :lol:

Last year we used up the wheels I thought were junk on my daughters car for the powderpuff derby. Guess what? Her car smoked my son's and she even challenged the fastest boy to race and she beat him all 3 races.
TDean
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TDean »

WW wrote:
Last year we used up the wheels I thought were junk on my daughters car for the powderpuff derby. Guess what? Her car smoked my son's and she even challenged the fastest boy to race and she beat him all 3 races.
Drives ya nuts doesn't it? :wall: But then -- that is sometimes half the fun (it doesn't pay to take things TOO seriously -- you never know what'll happen...)
TDean