Local open race fund racer

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Local open race fund racer

Post by sporty »

This past weekend we had a open class race, pinewood derby. A fund raiser for a former local pack leader who has cancer.

My hat goes off to Team Bubba !!

They took 1st place in the over 13 age group and 1st in the under 13 age group !!

I took 2nd in the over 13 age group and my son took 2nd in the under 13 age group.

The rules, 5oz, 7 inches long.

The track saw some blistering track times !!

Go bubba Go ran some times like 2.07.65.

My fastest time was 2.10.10

I had a air powered car but it did not compete, but the times were slower than I wanted to see.

I need to add some bigger motors. 2.12 something it ran.

Ramone and Mr. King and Mcqueen were also there.

Ramone is wicked kewl ! music playing, moving the body up and down and some kewl flashing lights !

The tracks previous fastest times / stock class, fastest time was set by Team sporty.

Off the top of my head, I think the average open class racer's were doing about 2.12 - 2.16 (range).

This was also my 1st attempt at open class racing. I was not for sure how we would do. The turn out was a little less than We would have liked to see also.

balsa and needle axles ! ouch, hard stops at the finish line are a killer ! I think I might add in a regular piece of pine where I place the axles. The balsa is just a little to soft for at the end of the track.

Sporty