How's this for a Council race...

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

How's this for a Council race...

Post by Teeeman »

Check this out if you want see a loser of a Council race setup...

son's car is center lane... takes the lead... it and 2nd place car enter the "stop box" of the SuperTrack which was not working...

son's car rebounds, 2nd place rebounds at an angle and knocks my son's car into the path of the lagging 3rd place car... then WHACK!

would you further believe that this was the 2nd run of this heat, already having had a similar crash the first time?

Better... would you believe they stuck the car that hit ours with this TIME?!?!?

(I don't think they re-ran the heat a 3rd time... so forgive if I got that wrong)

I'm so PO'd still from today I haven't even pulled the car out of the box to see what kind of damage was done to it... if any...

-Terry

http://media.putfile.com/Council-Race-Wreck
"I dunno..." - Uncle Eddie, Christmas Vacation
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: How's this for a Council race...

Post by Teeeman »

and here's me weighing wheels
(the evil Rule [censored] at work, hahahahah!)

-T

sdupont1
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by sdupont1 »

I would be [censored]. You know mine are paper thin, that 3rd car would have hit mine and snapped it in half. At least put a pillow at the end that way the cars will go into something soft and get stuck between the pillow and the track and not effect the other cars.
GravityRacer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by GravityRacer »

Aw, you can't be doing any science with that thing! It's got to be all chrome and anodized aluminum and have shiny wood and stuff! j/k...sorry to hear about that little fiasco. That's got to be a real pain.
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Teeeman »

Well I'm also still bruting that they chose to give trophies by rank...

but that with only 2 WebIIs... they stuffed those in with the WebIs and even with an 8th overall, my son got nothing...

better, they ALSO decided to give "Top 3 overall" which pretty much guarantees 1 to 3 kids getting dual trophies...

way I saw it, if they wanted to give out 15 trophies, they either give for top 15 spots or STICK TO THEIR DECISION of rank separation and if only 2 Web IIs make the cut, then that is the break (and they need one less trophy too!)...

I am just fuming that an 8th place finish gets NOTHING.

Get this... they grouped the Wolves/Bears also.

My son at 8th and Web II got nothing...

My coworkers son, was 10th overall and the 2nd highest BEAR... got nothing as another Bear and a wolf took his trophy...

BUT THE CAR BETWEEN US... 9th place, a TIGER... gets a trophy.

This was the most unthought out and unfair way to distribute awards I have ever seen.

-Terry

(p.s. if you think that wooden wheel weigher works, you should see the way I fixed the worn steering couple on my Camaro from loose to tighter than stock with 2 shims of aluminum... hahahah!... granted not wood, but hey, it sure wasn't shiny :) )
sdupont1
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by sdupont1 »

You fall under the same category as our council race last year. There was only one web 2 and when the ranks were raced, he was the only one so he won council at his rank. You can't fault the kids for being the only one who participates in their respective rank. Well my son won the tiger and so on. Each 1st - 3rd place in each rank received a trophy. Now they took the top three from each rank and raced in the grand prix. Which I thought was nice because the two of the tigers were second and third overall in the grand prix. Classifications weren't combined until the grand prix.

But back to the web 2. He received a trophy for his rank even though he didn't race anybody. It was an achievement just to reach the race and he was awarded accordingly. They even had 2nd and 3rd place trophys that they didn't hand out. Again, not the kids fault.

All I can say is that its a shame it was handled like that and hopefully they will invest in a better track.

Our council race is Saturday and I hope they keep it that same way as last year.
Teeeman
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Teeeman »

I wanted to add something on the guys who got 10th:

They were 1st at our District.

They had 2 runs, very consistent that would have placed them right about 4th place overall and nudged us down to 9th.

They had a 3rd run that ran, and was right on the mark for the other 2 times... but was recalled and the heat re-run... again, a consistent mark...

but again, recalled...

race heat was run a 3rd time and THIS TIME the track bowed or something was wrong (the dad was working the starting gate and had a bird's eye view)...

not sure what happened exactly but the third run was .09s slower!!!!

Maybe the car was damaged from the previous 5 runs in this outrageous demolition derby... or the track faulted?

BUT...

look what happened...

it blew their average from a 4th placer to 10th...

the 2 of the 3 runs for this heat that were good, lost...

I don't think they realized what happened at first, or maybe they did? I personally would have protested for a 4th rerun...

They would have been squarely within their rights to protest what happened.

I would have I think, had I been on the ball and noticed...

-Terry
BigDozer66
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BigDozer66 »

I am glad we don't run our District races on a piece of junk track like that. :pray:

That is just crazy that anyone would use something like that. :wall:

BigDozer66
"one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Cubmaster and AWANA Game Director