Final PWD race

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Final PWD race

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

My son finished 2nd in the Webelos division and was the second fastest car in the building today at the District race. The kid that won has won his division by a big margin every year. We were .04 average behind. I did some tweaking on our track but I don't see how I could make up .04. Third was about .01 behind us, and the rest were back even farther. Oh well, it's over. It's kind of a relief!! :whew:

I'd like to thank all at DerbyTalk that have helped us over the past 6 years, especially Sporty, Teeeman, Warpspeed and Stan. And of course, Randy for creating and maintaining DerbyTalk. It's been a great time, we've learned a lot together. It's time to move on, my son is already looking forward to the Spring Camporee in 3 weeks. I'll probably check in once in a while. I'll probably sell my home made track & timer and possible my custom tools. It'll be hard to let go of that stuff! There's a chance the Girl Scouts will have a race again some year like they did 2 years ago. I'd hate to be unprepared. ;)
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Final PWD race

Post by FatSebastian »

Pinewood Daddy wrote:My son finished 2nd in the Webelos division and was the second fastest car in the building today at the District race. [...] It's time to move on, my son is already looking forward to the Spring Camporee in 3 weeks. I'll probably check in once in a while.
Daddy, congratulations on ending your career on a high note and thanks for your contributions to DT over the years - I've personally gotten a lot from your posts. And don't be stranger; I'm sure you have experiences and advice that could help up-and-coming race teams. (Plus there may be grandsons someday - don't say "final" yet! ;) )
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

Congrats !

Glad I could help you.

Let me know about those tools, I may be very interested.

Sporty
pwrd by tungsten
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pwrd by tungsten »

Congratulations to you both! :D :D :D
W Racing!!!!
quadad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by quadad »

I have to chime in my appreciation also. I got a great amount from your posts and occassopnal PMs when we were starting out. VERY GLAD you finished as well as you did. :clap: Stop in when you can ... and let us know what that kid was doing that was 0.04 ahead of you :rofl:
Kenny
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Kenny »

PDaddy~

Suspecting you've experienced the phenomena of personal time acceleration - its where time speeds up proportional to the number of birthdays beyond age 35 each successive birthday. If this concept is foreign to you, get ready for it. It's as certain as eye correction and taxes.

It is in this light that I say consider your grand kids. They'll be here sooner than you think, in a wink...right Stan? I bet they'd love to have some of Grand Pa's tools and knowledge... Just sayin'

Best,

K
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Kenny wrote:It is in this light that I say consider your grand kids. They'll be here sooner than you think, in a wink...right Stan?
Perzactly! I've one grandson to finish and another to get all the way through. (One more is in the "hopper", but don't know if I'll help build a PW Derby car or a PP Derby car. :) Now, can I last long enough for great grandchildren??? Oh have I taught their Daddy's enough that I'm redundant?

And time compression is a fact!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

Kenny wrote:PDaddy~

Suspecting you've experienced the phenomena of personal time acceleration - its where time speeds up proportional to the number of birthdays beyond age 35 each successive birthday. If this concept is foreign to you, get ready for it. It's as certain as eye correction and taxes.

It is in this light that I say consider your grand kids. They'll be here sooner than you think, in a wink...right Stan? I bet they'd love to have some of Grand Pa's tools and knowledge... Just sayin'

Best,

K
I heard you!! Next month I'll be 12 years beyond that age. Sadly, the days do fly by faster. I will have to clean the junk out what tools & supplies I have and get it all into one tub. I also have a bunch of old kits and patches I collected. Since our oldest son is only 12 I don't think grandkids will be coming soon, but PWD age grandkids could be 20 years away.
Last edited by Pinewood Daddy on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWD_addict
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD_addict »

PW Daddy--
Congrats on a wonderful career and thanks for the help on DT. You can always come "out of retirement" for the grandkids.
Best regards,
Dave
PWD Addict