lubrication help

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
hotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

lubrication help

Post by hotone »

My son finished 2nd in the area race and he gets to go to an inter-area race where they race as a team against 3 other areas. The format is head to head so he will have to race 30 times total. We have been told they are not allowed to use oil as they are worried about it staining the track. We used hob-e-lube for his pack and area race with much success. Any way to make graphite last longer?
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: lubrication help

Post by FatSebastian »

hotone wrote:The format is head to head so he will have to race 30 times total. We have been told they are not allowed to use oil as they are worried about it staining the track.
It is not clear whether your rule is "no oil" v. "graphite only", but if it qualifies within your rules, Sporty reports great longevity with Coach's Secret Lube. FWIW.
hotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hotone »

Thanks for the tip. We were just told no oil, have not been given any other rules. Assuming the rest of the area rules apply with this exception as there were no restrictions on lubes for that race. Race is this weekend so I don't think that will get to me.
hotone
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hotone »

My son won 28 out of 30 races. Two loses were in the last 12 races and by .0002 and .0004 seconds. His team finished in 3rd by 10 wins 1 win behind second place.
Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Derby Evolution »

This sounds like an interesting format. Can you share more about how they handled this format?