REALLY bad alignment

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Ickabod
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: REALLY bad alignment

Post by Ickabod »

sporty wrote:You're left rear wheel, had more cant then the right rear and the left rear also had toe out. I think you also had toe in on the right rear. I can also see a axle issue on the left front (rail rider, I asume) the axle bend is to close to the wheel bore and it catches a few times in the wheel bore causing the sudden jerks. This is the 2nd car nexrt to the silver car right ?

edited to remove mention of the other car.

You will get better at building, i think there was some confusion on a few things, what is front and back , ect. from what I recall from pm's.

Sporty
Well hopefully with my new build process, a lot of this will be corrected when I don't bend the rear axles any more.

I guess the good news is that I have room for improvement.

BTW, all of the cars in the video are my family's, so you didn't need to edit your response. ;-)
There are only two seasons: baseball season and The Void. - Jonathan Yardley
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »

i edited, cuz I thought it wold confuse people, cuz until you updated the video, ect. I was not 4 sure which one. so i removed it to focus on just that car.
Ickabod
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ickabod »

Shawn Stebleton wrote:It looks to me like it is a railrider--on the right rear! :O I've never seen that before!
LOL. Definately not on purpose. The thing is that it didn't tune this way on my tuning board. Wonder if the axles/ wheels moved during te races asbtheybwere not glued into the axle holes.
Ickabod
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ickabod »

sporty wrote:i edited, cuz I thought it wold confuse people, cuz until you updated the video, ect. I was not 4 sure which one. so i removed it to focus on just that car.
Yeah, watching the cars in slo-mo really show the problems up close. I appreciate your analysis! Certainly something to learn from!
Ickabod
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ickabod »

chromegsx wrote:sporty, try a direct link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQjdSzDbwy0" target="_blank

if that's all the drift you had, I'd say your rears are doing more steering than your DFW... and the wrong way to boot. Are you using bent axles? or straight?
I had to use bent axles as I didnt have a way to drill canted( I have since fixed that issue for our next race).
chromegsx
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by chromegsx »

Ickabod wrote: I had to use bent axles as I didnt have a way to drill canted( I have since fixed that issue for our next race).
i drilled canted this year (well i had my son do it).and then only bent very slightly for toe in and out. It made tuning ALOT easier. It wasn't near as sensitive that way. Next year we'll probably tryto go for all our cant and toe in the drillling. Probably will have to still bend the dfw a tad to control drift satisfacorily.