Car Pattern Inspiration.

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
resullivan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Car Pattern Inspiration.

Post by resullivan »

I believe there are no weight or height restrictions, and I think you can have moving parts. The car can race if it meets the speed rules, but at district it must have qualified in both looks and speed to compete in both.
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Car Pattern Inspiration.

Post by Darin McGrew »

I've never seen a derby where one could enter two cars, one for the race and one for the design competition.

For our local derby, everyone enters one car. Generally, all the cars are judged for design, and then all the cars race. The exceptions are truly exceptions. For example, a car entered after the judges have scored the designs might be allowed to race, but won't be eligible for the design competition. And a car that was too tall for the finish gate might be judged for the design competition, but might be excluded from the race (or might have to be caught by hand before it passes under the finish gate).

I've seen a regional derby that allowed cars to be entered only for design, but they still allowed only one entry per person. The "only for design" entries where more of a courtesy to the race organizers, so they didn't have to race cars that were known to be uncompetitive for speed.