Pack race results

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Pack race results

Post by Vitamin K »

Well, Pack races are over. My son's car didn't do as well as we'd hoped. He made 2nd in his den (edged out by the kid who took 2nd place last year) and 5th overall for the pack. Ironically, my car swept the masters' division and set the track speed record -- wish our roles had been reversed there.

I had my doubts going into the races. Something felt 'off' with my son's car and I couldn't puzzle it out. Sadly, we ran into time constraints during the week leading up to the weigh in and I couldn't spend as much time diagnosing as I would have liked.

As for my car, though it was fast, it had some definite wobble down the track. Need to figure out what's up with that. Definitely room for improvement.

Anyhow, my kids had fun both building and racing, and now we have something to shoot for next year. (Unless, of course, we build cars for the mid-America). :)
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Pack race results

Post by Noskills »

That's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing.
Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite
TXDerbyDad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Pack race results

Post by TXDerbyDad »

Vitamin K wrote:Anyhow, my kids had fun both building and racing, and now we have something to shoot for next year. (Unless, of course, we build cars for the mid-America). :)
That's all that matters. Trophies are nice, but the experience and memories last a lifetime. :thumbup: