2014 District results

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

2014 District results

Post by Speedster »

A BIG Thank You to all the folks on DT.
My 2 scouts finished 2nd and 3rd in the Bear Division. They were each from a different Pack.
Interesting thing happened this year. We race, elapsed time, on a 29'11" Best track first. Top 8 cars move to a 40' Freedom track with point scoring. Last year my scout had close races on the Best track but easily won on the Freedom track. He had a railrider. This year my 2nd place finisher dominated the Best track and set a new track record of 2.567. Most of his races were 2.57. Other close cars were in the 2.58 range. When he reached the Freedom track he lost a couple of races to another car that had been running in the 2.58's. The 2 cars tied for 1st place and they had a run-off. They ran the 2 outside lanes of the 4 lane Freedom track, switched lanes, and ran them again. We were beat by a 1/2" in both runs. I have learned no matter how you do on the Best track keep your fingers crossed when you reach the Freedom track. Our cars were both straight runners and that's a different story.

I saw my 1st 1/4" wafer car in District racing and it appeared in the Tiger race. It was a 3 wheel railrider, Negative camber on the rears, Positive camber with toe-in on the DFW. Yep, it won. Our new inspector was the father of the man who is in charge of our District race. A very generous man. I hope he's the inspector next year.
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2014 District results

Post by ohiofitter »

Congrats speedster :thumbup:
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2014 District results

Post by Noskills »

Speedster, looks like all the time and mentoring paid off! Congrats.
Noskills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite