District races CANCELLED

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

District races CANCELLED

Post by Speedster »

Two of our Districts have cancelled races for tomorrow. I know you are not suppose to say to someone, "I know how you feel", but this time I think I have an idea how you feel. My scout this year is in the Northwest District that has the 4 on the ground rule and this was a new experience for us. Whether or not these races will ever take place remains to be seen.

There will be more races. I wish everyone well.

9:36AM, EST. The Swan Creek District cancelled their race. Those were the 3 Districts that were to race on the 14th.
Last edited by Speedster on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: District races CANCELLED

Post by Eagle »

Good thing WCGP happened when it did. Thanks to the governor of the formerly great state of CA "Effective immediately, KECSD is postponing all non-essential group gatherings through April 13, 2020."
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I was going to be running a couple of Awana races this month. For now, they are being postponed until April. I rather expect more races to be cancelled or postponed. Certainly won't help our business, as March is still part of our busy season. Lots of people are going to be financially hit by all of this panic. Time to stock up on supplies and hunker down until this blows over. Even the ammo aisles of Cabela's were busy. I guess for people to protect their stockpiles of toilet paper and hand sanitizer. :/
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Please stay safe every one!
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?