Alignment Plank

General discussions for car and semi-truck racers.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Alignment Plank

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

I'm sure there is but so far I've been unable to locate the specs on how to build a proper alignment plank. Does anyone have a link please ? Thanks.......RRR

Also are there any updates on the newest of the new specs on how to build a nice Concentricity Gage ?

Sheltering in place has it's advantages, doing things you've always wanted to do but never had or took the time.

Stay safe fellow builders !!
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Alignment Plank

Post by Speedster »

rrr, you have a special need of requiring 2 different sizes of Pin gages. You need a .0965 for BSA wheels and since you also race in AWANA you will need a gage to test those wheels. Perhaps someone on Derbytalk can help us with the size Pin gage needed. Building the gage mount is going to be very easy because you will copy what Knott did but build it out of wood. Knotty's gage is very fancy but you are not going to need all that. The operating mechanism is all on one side of the block and since you will be drilling wood it will be very easy to make because the bolts can go all the way through. The advantage will be the way the Pin gage is held. You will be able to change the size of the Pin gage in less then a minute or two.

If interested, email me.
Ratrodsrule1
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Ratrodsrule1 »

Yes Info please Speedster...Thanks. RRR
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

Ratrodsrule1 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:26 am I'm sure there is but so far I've been unable to locate the specs on how to build a proper alignment plank. Does anyone have a link please ? Thanks.......RRR
R-U Talking about a tuning board when you say alignment plank ?
Stan Pope shows his tuning board in this link.
http://www.derbytalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=6413

Some will build a 3 ft long table.. some will make them up to 4 ft or even as long as 8 ft for a tuning board table.

5 kids racing has a download for a tuning table graphic
https://5kidsracing.webs.com/downloads.htm

Stay safe every one !
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?