Scales

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
HobbyTalk
Merchant
Merchant

Scales

Post by HobbyTalk »

Thought I would let you know about some scales that I have available. While not the least expensive on the market they do offer a few advantages. First is they have a removable lid that protects the scale when being stored or transported. Second is they use a unique system to help prevent damage from over-weight making them pretty durable. They also have a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.

I have used and sold them for a number of years for RC racing and have never had a report of a failure. In actual use I have found them to be accurate with repeatability never more then .2 gram (that’s .007 oz.)! Below is the manufacturer’s information and specs.

The New Triton T2 is a classic design pocket scale. It's thin, durable and accurate. Although this scale is small, it's cover can be used as an expansion tray to make the weighing platform larger then most table-sized scales. The resilient integrated ribbed poly-case and 5PPS* makes it more durable then any other scale in it's class.
*The Triton uses the exclusive new 5PPS 5 Point Overload Protection System to help prevent damage from accidental overload of the scale.
• Reads up to 550 grams with 0.1 gram accuracy
• Exclusive 5PPS Overload Protection
• Batteries Included
• Proven long-term durability and reliability
• Full Tare feature
• Auto Calibration and zero tracking
• Built in ABS Polymer Hard cover with non-slip grip-ribs for easy holding and handling
• Cover doubles as a large expansion tray
• Lifetime replacement Warranty-CE
• Ultra Low Cost
• Durable & Accurate
• Large Rubber Soft-Touch keys
• Extra-Large BACKLIT LCD display
• Magnetic cover-clasp prevent accidental opening
Specifications
• Capacity 550 grams
• Auto off 90 seconds auto off
• Calibration Auto calibration
• Dimensions 13.5x8.2x2cm / 160g
• Display LCD 4 digitsx17mm
• Linearity +/-0.1g
• Operation temp. 15°C-30°C/60°F-86°F
• Readabilty / Accuracy 0.1g
• Tare range Tare full capacity
Below prices include shipping via USPS ground:
One scale = $19.00
PayPal or M.O. Accepted. Pay with major credit card, debit card or e-check via PayPal.

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scales

Post by gpraceman »

I like the overload protection feature. We had a scale ruined at the district race last year when a boy tried to see just how much weight the scale would show. After that it was very erratic and had to be replaced. Since we can't watch the pit scale every second, we at least put on note on the scale "Do NOT push on scale". It would be nice not to worry about that at all.

I see that it displays out to 3 decimal places. Will it acutally show numbers from 0 to 9? Some scales will only show a 0 or 5 in that third position.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
HobbyTalk
Merchant
Merchant

Post by HobbyTalk »

The third dec. place will only show 5 or 0. Since the scale is only accurate to .003oz there really is no way for it to logically show less then that. If you want to measure down to the .003oz (.1g) accuracy you could change to gram readout and 5oz. would be 141.7 grams (5oz. is actually 141.748g).

A 141.7g reading is actually 4.998oz.

If you want something that is truely accurate down to .001oz you are going to spend far more $$$$. Personally, I think there are far more important things to worry about then 003oz. :D

On the over-weight feature. It does protect for "accidental" over-weight. Not sure it would protect from someone pressing down hard on the scale. The scale does have a 19oz limit it can measure so I would suspect that it could be more easily damaged then a scale that can weigh 5lb.
MwdPwdRacing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MwdPwdRacing »

This is a great product at a great price. I paid $17.98 including shipping. I checked the weight of last years cars and it was right on.
TOU
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by TOU »

Are these still available?
MwdPwdRacing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MwdPwdRacing »

Sorry, that I didn't reply sooner. I purchased mine at ebay from mrbigb625. He still has them listed now at $15.99 + $3.19 shipping. You can locate it by searching for Triton T2 in the ebay search window.
TOU
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by TOU »

Thank you...I just ordered one. Anyone have any idea where I can get a 5 ounce weight?
MwdPwdRacing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MwdPwdRacing »

I adjusted our cars at the "Official" scale for our pack last year. I just used the same cars this year to judge the calibration.
batstar70
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by batstar70 »

TOU wrote:Thank you...I just ordered one. Anyone have any idea where I can get a 5 ounce weight?
I think Max Vel. has the 5 oz. calibration weights for sale in his web site.
TOU
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by TOU »

Thank you! BTW I got my scale from the Ebay vender for like $19 delivered. Very impressed so far for the money spent.

Cheers!

TOU
MwdPwdRacing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MwdPwdRacing »

TOU wrote:Thank you! BTW I got my scale from the Ebay vender for like $19 delivered. Very impressed so far for the money spent.

Cheers!

TOU
Hello,
I just purchased two additional scales on amazon for $10.99 each plus shipping. If you are interested go to Amazon and type Triton T2 into the search field.

Now I have a total of three, and I am using them to check corner weights on our cars (one wheel is raised). If you have only one scale you can check corner weights with the proper height set-up blocks for the other wheels. This works fine, but I couldn't pass up the cheap price.