Pro Body Tool Suggestion

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
PWD_addict
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Pro Body Tool Suggestion

Post by PWD_addict »

We used the Pro-Body tool for my sons' cars this year. It is our hope that this will make alignment a snap! However, I have a suggestion for an optional configuration. The depth of the hole from the bottom of the block seems very shallow. I know that it lines up with the bottom of the axle slots (on purpose) but if there was a version that drilled a hole that was 1/16" to 3/32" higher, I would prefer that. It would get the COM lower and I'd feel like there was a little more meat underneath an axle hole.

As it is, my biggest worry this year will be that the wood underneath the axle will break. Given that this has been used on hundreds (if not thousands) of cars, I suspect someone would have complained on this forum if there was a problem. So, I have faith that it will work fine but would prefer axle holes that are higher on the block.

Racer X or Warp--any thoughts on that? Is that an option that I'm not aware of?
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Pro Body Tool Suggestion

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

I had a custom version made at work that has the holes .100 from the bottom of the block, putting the bottom of the hole at the bottom of the slot.
Lucky13
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Lucky13 »

The new Pro Body Jig has the holes set up higher then the Pro-Body Tool.

Lucky 13
PWD_addict
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD_addict »

Lucky13 wrote:The new Pro Body Jig has the holes set up higher then the Pro-Body Tool.

Lucky 13
I didn't want to buy another tool (especially one that expensive) that we didn't really need but it may be the thing to do.