Laser Engraving

Other commercial providers of derby and regatta related goods and services can show off their wares, announce new products and/or advertise their website. Members can also discuss derby and regatta products/services here as well.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Laser Engraving

Post by gpraceman »

I just wanted to give a public thank you to Steve at Derby Evolution. The Colorado Awana Missionaries needed a donation/suggestion box built for use at Awana conferences and other events, so I volunteered to build one for them. Well, I thought that it would be great if there was an Awana Clubs logo on the front of it. Then I remembered that Derby Evolution now has their own laser unit. So, I contacted Steve and he laser engraved a couple of logos for me on 1/4" oak. They turned out great. It certainly put the finishing touch on the box and our Awana Missionaries were absolutely thrilled with it. Thanks again Steve!

Here it is in use at the Denver conference.

Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Laser Engraving

Post by Speedster »

That Logo is impressive. The box is also impressive. It appears we have a cabinet maker in our midst. Beautiful job.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Speedster wrote:That Logo is impressive. The box is also impressive. It appears we have a cabinet maker in our midst. Beautiful job.
Well, I do hope to build the cabinets for our master bath whenever we can get around to that. I bought one of those Kreg pocket hole jigs for this project and it made it pretty easy to build the box. It will certainly help in building cabinet frames and with other projects.

Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
whodathunkit
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by whodathunkit »

gpraceman.

Randy, The Awana Clubs donation / suggestion box turned out looking very nice.
Looks like it will last for a good long time as well.

Say have you seen any of the Kreg K5 jigs out yet?
http://www.kregtool.com/Kreg-Jig-K5-Prodview.html" target="_blank
I've been looking at getting this jig for the shop for a while now.
What type of automobile can be spelled the same forwards & backwards?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

whodathunkit wrote:Say have you seen any of the Kreg K5 jigs out yet?
I saw them today at Rockler. Too bad they weren't out yet when I bought my jig. I probably would have spent the extra $40 for it.
Randy Lisano

gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Houzz had an article today on pocket hole joinery.

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/17850302 ... =gallery19
Randy Lisano

Derby Evolution
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Derby Evolution »

Thank you very much for the kind post! I am glad your project turned out the way you had hoped!
TXDerbyDad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TXDerbyDad »

gpraceman wrote:
whodathunkit wrote:Say have you seen any of the Kreg K5 jigs out yet?
I saw them today at Rockler. Too bad they weren't out yet when I bought my jig. I probably would have spent the extra $40 for it.
I've been holding off on picking one up once I heard the K5's were coming out. I have a stack of Amazon gift cars I've been holding onto to pick one up. ;)

And that Awana box looks awesome. It brings me back to my time as an Awana volunteer when my oldest were in the program. I think I still have my polo somewhere in the closet.