A Request for Race Data

General race coordinator discussions.
AZRaptor
Apprentice
Apprentice

A Request for Race Data

Post by AZRaptor »

First I would like to apologize if there was a more appropriate section to post this request in, if so please move it to the correct location.

I am looking for some raw racing data I can use as the basis for a college Physics project. The information I would be looking for would be:

Car Weight
Track Lane #
Timed run
Any other additional information recorded.

Likewise I would also need the dimensions and measurements of the track that was used.

I was a Cub scout as a kid, and my eldest son was also a scout up until last year, and while I would not want anyone to go through compiling such information for me, I know there are many who probably record and file this kind of data (and more).

Additionally images of the track, cars and race event would be great for the purpose of illustrating the environment in which the data was collected.

Please contact me via PM or e-mail if you have some information I could use. Ideally I would like to obtain the race data for an entire derby so I can sort through it and then (with certain assumptions) calculate such things as velocity, acceleration, track friction, etc.

Please let me know if you have data you think would work for this project.

Thanks
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Request for Race Data

Post by gpraceman »

I have lots of race data, but weight is not something that I record. I have a feeling that not many others record weight either.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
pwdarchitect
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by pwdarchitect »

Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Mr. Slick »

best bet for weight and time on a single track. . .

www.wirlracing.com and www.p-d-d-r.com

www.PWDRacing.com will have some beginning in January. :)

I could try and collect weight this year - maybe GPRM will be upgraded to have another set of user defined fields for weight, air drag coefficient, rolling friction, etc. . . :D

How much data are you looking for?

Do you have an experimental design set that you would like run?
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Mr. Slick wrote:I could try and collect weight this year - maybe GPRM will be upgraded to have another set of user defined fields for weight, air drag coefficient, rolling friction, etc. . . :D
Already got you covered. With Version 6.0 of GrandPrix Race Manager, you can rename the "Car Name" field in the registration to be anything you want, like "Weight".
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.