Thanks Derby Talk and GPRM!

General race coordinator discussions.
Kurt Wylde
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Derby Talk and GPRM!

Post by Kurt Wylde »

Hello Derby Talk Readers

Last year I bought GPRM to manage the roster and generate schedules for our pack pinewood derby (my first). We were using Mk I eyeballs to determine results.

This year I built the circuit from this website. I made a testing rig, and when I ran the hardware test from GPRM and saw the lane indicators change in response to my hand covering the sensors, I must admit that I was very excited!
I retrofitted the hardware onto our existing track 2 days before the race, and everything worked. We had the pinewood derby yesterday and I brought in my projector; everyone was amazed at the results instantly displayed for everyone to see. Excellent! Several parents claimed that this was the smoothest pinewood derby in memory. The only thing that would have made the day perfect was a better finish for my son (4th place in his class; I suspect the front was too light, but that is a discussion for the other forum).

Thanks again!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks Derby Talk and GPRM!

Post by gpraceman »

Good to hear that your race went well. Glad that we all could provide some help.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
PWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Thanks Derby Talk and GPRM!

Post by PWD »

The projector with the live results displayed is one of the best additions to a derby I have seen. We now have it at our pack race and it is an excellent addition. They don't do it at our district race. Matter of fact at our district race they try to keep everything a big secret. It is weird.