Situation - Rule violation - What to do...

General race coordinator discussions.

What would you do? (NOTE: Pack DQ 'unwritten' rule is always to allow cars to race. It will not, however, be elegible for 'speed' awards.)

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:07 am

Stick to rules - Requires wheels to be replaced prior to race or be DQ'ed.
100%
Ignore - Let other 'officials' address the issue if detected.
No votes

Total votes: 10

RacerRusty
Pine Head
Pine Head

Re: Situation - Rule violation - What to do...

Post by RacerRusty »

Stan,

Thanks. It just caught my eye because it looks so much like an F-Connector. The ones TV cable companies use to connect two pieces of coaxial cable together.

Hmmm. Maybe a good idea for a new thread? Common (or not so common) things people have modified to use as PWD tools. Complete with pics and "How To" instructions.

Or maybe there is already such a thread? I haven't read all the treads ............... YET!!! :dance:
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Situation - Rule violation - What to do...

Post by Stan Pope »

Okay ... my memory is coming back... it is the panel connector for a potentiometer (e.g. volume control) with a 1/4" shaft. Probably from an older style junked radio.

I think one must be pretty careful in selecting them ... Not only are we concerned with the hub and bore of the wheel being good, but also concerned tihw the ID and OD of the bushing! It would just be too easy for a few thousandths variance to creep in!

Don't recall Terry talking about trying a few of 'em to pick the best, so I suspect this was a "get one and use it" affair.
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"