2013 evolution of CFC / SeminoleSprings Event Guide

General race coordinator discussions.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

2013 evolution of CFC / SeminoleSprings Event Guide

Post by pack529holycross »

I have chosen to continue to provide design and construction guidance in our Event Guide / Rules Document, but worked through all of it to clean up the appearance and provide as much visual attenuation to the verbiage as possible.

http://seminolesprings.com/529_cub/wp-c ... _FINAL.pdf

I am also working through some variations of a 60th anniversary Logo, and will make all variations available for any who wish to have them.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: 2013 evolution of CFC / SeminoleSprings Event Guide

Post by Speedster »

Nice job on Rule #17, Wheel specifications. Best of Luck with your Derby.
rpcarpe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by rpcarpe »

26 Pages?? Where are you going to find an 8 yr old with time and inclination to read and comprehend all this?
Once again I'll step on the soapbox to advocate for simpler rules and more fun. We've used just 10 rules for the last three years and the kids know their stuff, and they build very fast cars.

Your current rules and guide explain a lot of things and they do it very well. We explain these things to the build teams as they come to workshops (highly encouraged) and let the kids experience the science and art of PWD.

Good Luck!
My wife started a new support group... Widows of the Pinewood Derby.
pack529holycross
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

ADDED 60th anniversary logos

Post by pack529holycross »

Ive added some generic "60" logos -- should anyone want customized or modifiied versions for their event, let me know Id be happy to shoot you one since they are already built ( adding district name, date, pack name, etc ).

As far as the Rules Doc, every year I struggle with the option of making the type smaller and/or removing photos to make the overall pagecount smaller, but I find it reduces the potential value to the target audience, which includes alot of first time derby participants and organizers. Taking strong feedback about pagecount, I separated the doc into rules specific part I and history/performance specific part II, allowing experienced builders to skip to the rules. My fear is that the Performance section gets ignored, but you can only really just make the information available.

If anyone wishes to R&D any portion of our rules doc ( rob and duplicate ), let me know and I can send you an editable version of the rules .docx format
3 Cub Dad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by 3 Cub Dad »

Hey pack529,

On page 2 of the booklet, you say that the rules were updated to include a clarification on "made in China Revell" wheels, but I find no discussion of that anywhere in the rules???

3 Cub Dad