eBay - Entire race setup w/track for sale

General race coordinator discussions.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

eBay - Entire race setup w/track for sale

Post by gpraceman »

Though I loathe the eBay car sellers, you can sometimes find interesting things for sale on eBay relating to Pinewood Derby.

Here's an entire race setup, including track, laptop computer, timing system, electronic scale, and more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 24227&rd=1
Last edited by gpraceman on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: eBay - Entire race setup w/track for sale

Post by Cory »

I wonder why he is selling it if it is "the best track on the market".

Could this be a "professional" PWD organizer who is "retiring"?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Cory wrote:I wonder why he is selling it if it is "the best track on the market".

Could this be a "professional" PWD organizer who is "retiring"?
That would be my guess, especially since he is selling the rights to his Fast Track Racing logo.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Cory
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Cory »

gpraceman wrote:That would be my guess, especially since he is selling the rights to his Fast Track Racing logo.
Doesn't MicroWizard use the brand name Fast Track?

Someone is infringing on someone's intellectual property here.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Cory wrote:
gpraceman wrote:That would be my guess, especially since he is selling the rights to his Fast Track Racing logo.
Doesn't MicroWizard use the brand name Fast Track?

Someone is infringing on someone's intellectual property here.
They sell "Fast Track" timers, but I don't think that would prohibit someone from using the name "Fast Track Racing". Anyways, I do not believe that Microwizard is claiming a trademark on the term.
Randy Lisano

kcobb
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by kcobb »

I recently organized and ran, this past weekend, a very successful Pinewood Derby for our Pack. We were given the race manager software by our outgoing Web IIs so we went ahead and bought a super track and timer to go with it. This ebay thing is a pretty good setup, depending upon the reserve price set.

I will say that our race was the best we've had yet. The software did some really cool stuff and the reports were great. All in all, I have to give the supertimer, track and software a huge thumbs up. Another thing I really liked about super timer, is I could put the boys down at the end of the track, and the boy in Seat #1 got to push the button to start the race. In the end, every boy started one race and was very active in the overall activities of the day. Sure beat last year when they sat and watched the derby from the sidelines! We had 38 cars run and completed the day in 2 1/4 hours with a 1/2 hour lunch break.

Anyway, just another opinion of that track.