Does anyone know of construction handouts?

How to have useful construction workshops.
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Does anyone know of construction handouts?

Post by psycaz »

I am interested in setting up construction workshops for our pack for the first time. I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel so to speak, so does anyone know of or have a handout type of information that can be used in conjunction with a workshop or to help those who can't attend.

Things like how to properly prep wheels/axles, plan before you build, painting techniques. I realize all of this info is available on the net - ie here, but I am trying to simplify this for myself and not have to worry about using the work of others without consent.

I can type this stuff up myself, but if someone has something they know works and is easily understood, it's just one less thing for me to worry about.

I figure if I can get the info out there ahead of time, maybe some will read it and have an idea as to what we will try to accomplish during the workshops - might even help get more volunteers since they'll have an idea as to what we'll be doing.

With everyone's busy lives, I am trying to find something that I can use to cover both - folks who make the workshops and those too busy to make it, but want some help. I really want to at least make the information available to folks - they can pick and choose what to use or not.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Does anyone know of construction handouts?

Post by Mr. Slick »

Here is a link to the informational sheet I use:

http://www.pwdracing.com/2007pwdws.html

I am working on getting a workshop workbook made. This involves me getting my notes together with my hand drawings put into electronic form to share.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by psycaz »

Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like you have been doing these awhile. I'm hoping to have about 3 workshops. I'll have to clear whatever I come up with through our coordinator though - I volunteered to be assistant coordinator. If I get shot down, I'll just done them for our den and if others happen to show up - the more the better. I'm in tight with our den leader - its my wife.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

I would also take a look at the post from Stan Pope under the Construction Workshops forum entitled PowerPoint presentation on PWD Design / Construction. EDIT: added the link below.

viewtopic.php?t=53

The correct links to his 2 presentations are on the 2nd page, and for people who can't attend the workshop at all the 1st "Pinewood Derby Performance Design, an introduction..." Power Point is excellent.

Note also in the post I mentioned above there is a picture of a Construction Demonstration model that is helpful. Another similar picture can be found under the Constructions Workshops forum post entitled, oddly enough, Construction Demonstration Model. EDIT: added the link below.

viewtopic.php?t=1053

Good luck.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby