So, what does your username mean?

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
quadad
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: So, what does your username mean?

Post by quadad »

Quadad = Dad of quads, 3 boys, 1 girl. Three cub scouts, one girl scout, all four on the soccer team I coach.
Glengary
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Glengary »

Glengary = from a pretty obscure movie, "Glengary Glen Ross" featuring very well known leading actors such as Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Ed Harris, Kevin Spacey (an unknown film actor back then) and a Alec Baldwin with small but fantastic role.

Film is about desperate Real Estate salesmen in NY who sell parcels of land in Florida (they lie, swindle, cheat and eventually steal). Alec Baldwin's sales meeting in the beginning is a classic... prolly some of his best acting. It's a movie to watch when kiddies are in bed, R-rated for language.

Kindof refreshing as this based on a Mamet play, riveting dialogue and acting... no special effects, no car chases, no particular "eye candy", no bed scenes... yea, very unusual for a film!

And yes, I have been a salesperson my whole career thus far :).
All Down Hill From Here
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by All Down Hill From Here »

During our first race that we hosted at our Church someone stuck a microphones in our race starters face and asked how he saw the races going for the day, his answer was.......... "All Down Hill From Here!". It just stuck and I loved it.
digger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by digger »

Digger comes from one of my hobbys. Witch is digging for gold in the Mojove desert and allso rocks. :lol:
derby doc
Merchant
Merchant

Post by derby doc »

Derby Doc comes from the leaders in our awana group at church. I would always help out with the kids cars, and if a kid had a problem with their car at the workshop, the guys would always say... ' go see the derby doctor. Im far from a doctor, but I just started using it on forums, etc.
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ohiofitter »

I live in Ohio and I'm a pipe fitter buy trade....not to be confused with being a plumber...............I'm able to chew on my fingers at the end of the day
smartyman
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by smartyman »

Mine was meant to be sort-of tongue-in-cheek and self-deprecating, but I'm not sure it comes across that way. Oh, well. I first used it around 10 years ago and I'm afraid I just wasn't imaginitive enough to come up with a better one when it came time to sign up here!
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

smartyman wrote:Mine was meant to be sort-of tongue-in-cheek and self-deprecating, but I'm not sure it comes across that way. Oh, well. I first used it around 10 years ago and I'm afraid I just wasn't imaginitive enough to come up with a better one when it came time to sign up here!
Hey! Look at mine!!! :mrgreen: It was the first think that popped into my head.
boss429
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by boss429 »

boss429 - the name of my last and fastest open class PWD car. I won the open class 5 years straight in our pack. Time to move on and relinquish the crown to a new open class champ in 2010.
Fatdaddy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Fatdaddy »

Mine's pretty self explanatory :) Father of 3 boys, 8, 4, and 18 months. And I'm 6'4" and 435 lbs. See, told you it fits :)
Bathtub
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Bathtub »

Guess?
Turbo_Python
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by Turbo_Python »

Turbo Python:

We bought the Turbo Python decal set, built a 1st place winner, name stuck like glue. Now the retired Turbo Python sits proudly in front of it's well earned 1st place trophy on my Tiger Cub's dresser.
derbyspeed
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by derbyspeed »

Not too hard to figure out the simple name I made up.

But my son and I always built our cars for speed, never tried for the best of show too much, thus derbyspeed was fitting. I also decided to build a website which I used the name for.
Mike Webb

"Do or Do Not, There is No Try"
TOU
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post by TOU »

I used to live in Northern Utah for several years. So TOU= Top_of_Utah...I have used it on a dozen or more on-line forums. It's is just how many folks new and recognized me from forum to forum so I just kept it. (Easier than trying to think of something else. :? :D )
Oddzilla
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Oddzilla »

My favorite movie star growing up was Godzilla. The original, cheesy monster movies with the guy in a rubber suit. Not the computer animated one who attacked New York. :D

And since I've been known to be odd on occasion, I decided to pay homage to the big guy and combine it.

:D