Woah Bubba Woah!

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
JOKER
Pine Head
Pine Head

Woah Bubba Woah!

Post by JOKER »

People like stats around here.....so do I. This was fun.....took a few minutes to estimate, but I thought Stan would get a "kick" out of this.

Go Bubba Go has been posting at an incredible pace. He is averaging 3.59 posts per day since he joined Derby Talk on 11/18/2006 & will be at 104 posts by the end of '06 at this rate.

Stan has averaged 1.74 posts per day since joining on 07/05/2003 & is currently at 2196 posts.

Now, what if Stan took a break and did not post for a while :shock: .......Bubba would catch him on 07/23/2008 at 2196 posts.

Of course we all know that Stan is too valuable to this forum and will continue mentoring :D ..........On 07/23/2008, Stan will be at 3210 posts.

So when will Bubba catch Stan?

01/22/2010 - Bubba will catch him & be at 4163.59 & Stan will be at 4163.74 posts.

01/23/2010 - Bubba will pass Stan w/4167.18 posts....Stan will have 4165.48 :D

Woah, Bubba, Woah! - you are going to hurt yourself, bro! :D
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Woah Bubba Woah!

Post by Go Bubba Go »

As long as we're being analytical, let me give you my "Bubba Posting Rate" hypothesis, I believe there are at least 3 (main - there are others) contributing factors:

1) This probably tells you something about me, but I didn't actually join Derby Talk until I had been reading as a guest for a couple of months. Wanted to get the "lay of the land" so to speak, and read LOTs of the previous posts to avoid asking repeat questions. By the time I joined, I had lots of "pent up" questions, enthusiam, and pictures!!!

I would expect contributing factor #1 (the Newby factor) to decrease with time.

2) Our Pack Race is in January, and I just joined our Council Pinewood committee. As Pack Race time approaches (and Council meetings occur) lots of "hey guys, help me out with _____" issues are arising. Some I have found answers to in existing posts, others I have posted on and received excellent responses from the board. I am a bit of a perfectionist and want to ensure both sets of races are run well for the boys. I have not previously gathered material (Construction Workshop materials, Inspection sheets, etc) that are "Bubba Grade", so I am gathering (or making) them for the first time.

I would expect contributing factor #2 (the Pre-race Planning factor) to be somewhat cyclic in nature, waning over the Summer and increasing during pre-Season.

3) I am kind of a nut for Pinewood (No, you say, not another one of those!). I get a kick out of kids, woodworking, speed, and science. Where else do all these interests dovetail so well in one activity? I am enjoying the banter regarding all things Pinewood, and find it hard not to "jump in" on many of the interesting (and often humorous) exchanges.

I would expect contributing factor #3 (the Pinehead factor) to remain fairly steady, governed by "time permitting" and "spouse permitting" considerations.

p.s. I just discovered the "Statistics" section the other day, and thought something along the lines of your title for this post. Then a couple of rule questions came up, and I was off to the races again. :oops:

Edit: JOKER, I forgot to mention that I believe this is post #106. You might want to recheck your math on the "104 by the end of the year" projection.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
JOKER
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by JOKER »

Go Bubba Go wrote:JOKER, I forgot to mention that I believe this is post #106. You might want to recheck your math on the "104 by the end of the year" projection.
Yes, you are right Bubba.........That number should have been 151 using original estimates--------You'd catch Stan a little earlier then. :D

Keep it up! I was kidding earlier......Afterall, the "Go Bubba Go's" out there are what make PWD racing great!
Last edited by JOKER on Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

JOKER wrote:Yes, you are right Bubba.........That number should have been 151 using original estimates--------You'd catch Stan a little earlier then. :D
If I knew how to post Excel graphs here (and had the time) I would put together a few projection charts... Perhaps showing the contributions of the 3 factors mentioned before, and with differing scenarios going forward (i.e. Newby factor decreasing, Planning factor cyclical, Pinehead factor steady (or increasing!)).
JOKER wrote:Keep it up! I was kidding earlier......Afterall, the "Go Bubba Go's" out there are what PWD racing great!
I'm with ya. Hard to believe, but I'm actually trying to pace myself. While reading through all the posts, I took some notes on topics I would like to kick around (and pictures to post) eventually, listed them out in a spreadsheet and put them in a priority order (man, do I sound like an engineer or what?). If I had a free Saturday and a couple of 64 oz. Mountain Dews, I could probably knock out another 50 or so. Better to spread them out over time, I think. More time to put some real thought into them. A little cogitation, as Stan might say. :)
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

JOKER: An afterthought

It occured to me while going to lunch that with a 2 year old waiting "in the wings" for his turn, I may still be "hot and heavy" (Lord willing) into this thing in the 2008 and 2010 timeframes you derived above.

However, I expect that I will likely run out of useful things to say way before then (and definitely way before Stan! :D ).

But will I have the good sense to stop talking when the quality starts to wane??? Only time will tell.
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Stan Pope »

Go Bubba Go wrote:But will I have the good sense to stop talking when the quality starts to wane??? Only time will tell.
That is a challenge for all of us. :) To wit, this post!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
ranman106
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by ranman106 »

:lol:

Gotta love stats!
The Wedge - It's not a doorstop, it's a way of life!
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Stan Pope wrote:
Go Bubba Go wrote:But will I have the good sense to stop talking when the quality starts to wane??? Only time will tell.
That is a challenge for all of us. :) To wit, this post!
Touche! :shock:
JOKER
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by JOKER »

JOKER wrote:
Go Bubba Go wrote:JOKER, I forgot to mention that I believe this is post #106. You might want to recheck your math on the "104 by the end of the year" projection.
Yes, you are right Bubba.........That number should have been 151 using original estimates--------You'd catch Stan a little earlier then. :D

Keep it up! I was kidding earlier......Afterall, the "Go Bubba Go's" out there are what make PWD racing great!
Hey Bubba!.......by the end of today, our estimates may be very accurate!
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

JOKER wrote:
Hey Bubba!.......by the end of today, our estimates may be very accurate!
Well JOKER, I'm at 149 now which means only 2 more replies needed to reach 151. Hmmm...

I'll log in and see if there's anything useful for me to add...

But wait... if I include this reply in the count, that will put me at 150. Just one would fit the bill.

Don't you love projections (at least when they work out). :D

EDIT: p.s. Bubba here on 01/05/07: I ended up not replying to anything on 12/31 so the official end of year number was 150.
BigDozer66
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BigDozer66 »

So much for throwing the monkey wrench into the figures! :P

There will always be peeps needing advice.

I am positive that Derby Talk will continue to be the best and might well be the biggest "PWD" forum on the web! 8)

Lynn
"one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Cubmaster and AWANA Game Director
SuperDave

Post by SuperDave »

As I may have mentioned elsewhere (in some senior moments I don't always remember or agree with what I wrote) my wife is CEO of a psychiatric hospital. She looks forward to accepting both Bubba and Stan as clients. Of course, per federal regulation, she won't be able to tell any of us that they are there. :wink:
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Go Bubba Go »

SuperDave wrote:As I may have mentioned elsewhere (in some senior moments I don't always remember or agree with what I wrote) my wife is CEO of a psychiatric hospital. She looks forward to accepting both Bubba and Stan as clients. Of course, per federal regulation, she won't be able to tell any of us that they are there. :wink:
Would they have Internet Access there? :D

No Derby Talk, no dice. :x

Perhaps we've entered the "compulsory admittance" phase of my illness? :oops:

I'm not in denial. I'm not. (Am I?). No, I'm not.
2kids10horses
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by 2kids10horses »

Denial? No.

But it does appear that you have reached the "Talking to yourself" phase.

LOL!!!
BigDozer66
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by BigDozer66 »

2kids10horses wrote:Denial? No.

But it does appear that you have reached the "Talking to yourself" phase.

LOL!!!
As long as he doesn't answer himself! :mrgreen:

Lynn
"one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Cubmaster and AWANA Game Director