Introduction

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
Spawn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Introduction

Post by Spawn »

Hi there,

I just thought that I should introduce myself, as I am sure that I'll be gleaning as much information from everyone here as possible.

My name is Steve, and I'm a leader for 1st Airdrie in Canada. I'm currently looking into getting our group up to speed with a new track, software, timing system, etc.

I'll post more specifics regarding each item in it's particular thread here in the forums, as I know how much fun it is when things are cross-threaded. It gets quite difficult to find the information that you found.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I can eventually become as good at construction and design as many of you are (not to mention becoming a minor Physics PhD!)
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Introduction

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Welcome aboard Steve, glad to have another join the conversation.

Not sure I understand your comment about the minor PhD. Is this something you already have, or hope to gain from the board?

If you already have it, that would be great. Maybe somebody can finally explain to me all the "deep stuff" that Stan leads us into :D
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
Spawn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Introduction

Post by Spawn »

Bubba,

No, that was more my bad wit, implying that I either need or might be able to obtain the Physics PhD through the amount of technical information that I've observed while lurking around for a few days. Thankfully most of the details eventually get explained at least to the point where I understand it. I do have my BSc, but not in Physics!

Steve