Animals are still getting Food poison

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Animals are still getting Food poison

Post by TAL »

In doing some research on the food poisioning of animals I have found that the poisioning is due to a bacteria that has been found in grain that came from China and is primarily found in animal foods and treats...

A lot of animal food and treat manufactures have purchased grian and a flour from the grain to include in their ingredients and some of those companies are selling to different companies...

Some companies have volunteered to pull some of their products, some have been forced to pull their products and some companies refuse to disclose the purchase place of their grains and flours and refuse to do any testing of their products....

Some of the bacteria has been found in cat, dog, ferret foods and treats ...

It is known to eventually cause kidney failure in smaller animals and could probably eventually do fatal harm to larger animals...

Does anyone have any reliable information on any of this topic that could be helpful...

It seems this and another infection is spreading and is still active and animals are still dying from the infections and bacteria from many company brands of foods and treats...
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Animals are still getting Food poison

Post by TAL »

PWD
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by PWD »

I thought I heard last week they arrested someone in China and they have figured out what was happenning.
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by TAL »

Yes I do believe they now know what is going on....

But the fact remains that many major companies purchased some of the grain from a major grain supplier in China and then distributed that grain and grain products to smaller companies to use in there products...

I think the latest recall was on May 11 (Royal canine)...

There are many companies that purchase this grain that have yet to be disclosed...

Some that have been affected by this product are treats (jerkys) and many major dog and cat food brands including generic and smaller company brands...

At first it was thought to be in a few brands, but the truth is it is in many many brands...

Check the list for more ideas , You will probably be surprized...

http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html