Scouting questions

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
Colibri
Pine Head
Pine Head

Scouting questions

Post by Colibri »

Two months ago I was asked to be a Committee Chairman over the local Troop, Team and Crew. Of course this creates questions. I have been to training courses in the District and I am fortunate to have the District Chairman living in my neighborhood. I have been looking at web pages on the web and came across this web page. http://www.jimmy.org/scoutaward
The question I have is this; can this award be done by both Scouts and their leaders? Has anyone worked on this award?
Stan Pope
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: Scouting questions

Post by Stan Pope »

I think this does not fall under BSA rules, since it is awarded by the museum. Very likely it is a "fund-raiser" for the museum, so they are apt to award to both youth and adults. This is consistent with their comment that
Interested Scouts or Scouters should contact The Jimmy Stewart Museum to receive a copy of the workbook.
But ... it is their award, so they get to decide! Best source would be the contact info given on their web page:
E-mail us at curator@jimmy.org, or call us at 724/349-6112 or toll-free at 800/83-JIMMY.
Note that it appears to have a degree of official BSA sanction as indicated by the presence of the symbol on the patch. If they do this without permission, then BSA's lawyers will be after 'em!
Stan
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"