Pinewood Derby on the Radio

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pinewood Derby on the Radio

Post by gpraceman »

Today I was listening to K-Love radio while I was working, like I do all the time, and I hear Kelli Caldwell talking about her son's recent Pinewood Derby. They made a cute fire engine. Though, it was the slowest in the pack, so she asked for listeners to call in with some tips.

I did manage to get through and let her know about Derby Talk being a great place to find tips.

Also from her description of the race, it sounded like they were running my software. :mrgreen:

I haven't heard the conversation on the radio, but that is quite OK with me. It is cool hearing some of the people that were put on the air.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
TAL
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Pinewood Derby on the Radio

Post by TAL »

K love is a regular listening station for me too.

I must have missed the part about pinewood derby.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pinewood Derby on the Radio

Post by gpraceman »

She just gave an update on the radio. Her son also is in Awana and they just had their Grand Prix. She said she took all of the listener tips and they were able to make a more competitive car. It didn't win, but it also didn't finish last, like during their pack race.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.