A Challenge from Derby Worx

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
RACER X
Merchant
Merchant

A Challenge from Derby Worx

Post by RACER X »

I have to first say thanks to everyone, the dealers who help to get our products out to the racers and families, THANK-YOU you guys really make it happen!!! The customers, the acceptance from you guys is always overwhelming, the e-mails and pictures about your successes, wins and championships keeps all of us at Derby Works enthusiastic, excited and focused, I am truly blessed and always thankful, many thanks.

This season we decided that it is important as a new business community (pinewood derby) to help others in a positive way outside of our inner circle. I am sure that many of you, much like us give your time, resources and some charitable contributions to the Boy Scouts of America, there is no finer program to bring up a young boy in, but I felt we need to reach children and families who need a different kind of hand. After a lot of soul searching, some careful thought and a little bit of observing of my wife, I am very proud to announce that Derby Works, Inc. is a supporter of the St.Louis Ronald Mc Donald House and The Victory Junction Gang Camp .

For those of you that are not familiar with these two programs, take a minuet and go to the Derby Works web site and link to them and you will see what wonderful things these two places do for critical ill and terminally ill children. My wife dose volunteer work at the Ronald McDonald house here in St.Louis and the stories she comes home with are so very touching that we just had to do something. I even received a personal phone call from the President of the St.Louis house thanking us and inviting us over for a personal lunch. The Victory junction Gang Camp is AMAZING to say the least, check out the web site. It was put together by Kyle and Patty Petty (the racing Petty's) and provides a unbelievable place for ill and challenged children to get together and escape life for a while.

My challenge to everyone, especially the dealers and hobby shops is this: Make a donation to YOUR local Ronald McDonald house this season and here after in the name of Pinewood Derby and if you can do a little more, The Victory Junction Gang is also a great one too.

You have been challenged By: Racer X

Many thanks to all.
Driver of #9 "The Shooting Star"

I would like to thank my sponsors: Dremel Tool, House of Kolor paints, Craftsman Tools, Derby Worx Pro Tools & Derby Worx Pro Wheels, Micro Finish & sand paper and 3M tape.