Dukes of Hazzard Road Trip

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
millettbbc
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Dukes of Hazzard Road Trip

Post by millettbbc »

This weekend my oldest Son and I drove from Michigan to West Virginia, and on to Atlanta for the trip of our lives. My wife's family Christmas took us to WV, and my family Christmas brought us to GA. This trip was one of family Christmas's by for Dale (oldest son) and I we had alterior motives.

We are both die-hard original Dukes of Hazzard fans viewtopic.php?t=3955 so between WV and GA we went to "Cooter's Garage" http://www.cootersplace.com in Gatlinburg, TN and had a blast. Cooter's is a DOH museum and gift shop. We were like to kids in a candy store. But, the trip doesn't stop there.

On the SE side of ATL is two towns call Conyer and Covington which is where the first 5 episodes were filmed before moving to a set in Hollywood. We did some digging and came up with the addresses many of the historic locations in DOH History. My son took is 1:64th scale General Lee along for the ride and played with it at each location for a while. We also made sure we were wearing out General Lee Tshirts.

This was a great bonding time for the two of us. I would recommend a trip like this for anyone. It was great. Here are a few pics.

PWD: The bug everyone catches and no one wants to let go.
Bullitt3401
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Dukes of Hazzard Road Trip

Post by Bullitt3401 »

Cool. 8)

Being a local, I get my haircut once a month just a few feet away from the courthouse. My barber shop was a Western Auto back then. You can see it during a chase on the square in one of those first episodes.
AlabamaDan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Dukes of Hazzard Road Trip

Post by AlabamaDan »

Wow! You are a fan. I thought I was, but I'm merely a wannabe. Good times with your son! Y'all will both remember that for a long long time. :clap: