1) father to a 10 year and and 7 year old
2) husband to a wife of 26 years (yeah, we started late)
3) all around coach. I coach whatever needs coaching . . . soccer, T-ball, baseball, wrestling, ski jumping, you name it. And, oh yeah, Assistant Cub Master
4) And lastly, CIO. I've done that for several companies, including one of the oldest in the world. That job entails overseeing overall Info Tech strategies. Sadly, since it takes up so much time, it's the least favorite on my list
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:13 pm
- Location: Florence, Kentucky
I am also father to 5 kids, 4 boys and 1 girl. So it looks as if I will be doing scouts/pwd racing for a long time. I am also Cubmaster at our pack and somehow still manage to be able to not run my wife off!!
I do sales and service for an air and vac company that is based out of Michigan. I actually maintain a lot of the machines that are located around Andy.
I have 2 boys, one cub and one boy scout. I am also the cubmaster for our pack so after my real job I come home and take care of pack business, soccer, and then work on cars. No, not real ones. The little wooden ones. It is good to check in over here and get a different perspective other than league racing.
- Curse You Red Baron!
- Master Pine Head
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:35 pm
- Location: Superior, Colorado
Husband of 14 years, father of 2 boys 7 and 9, sometimes youth sports cost, PWD volunteer.
I tell my boys I make charts for a living, which isn't too far from the truth. However, my boss would say that I'm the finincial lead for global shipping - so I handle the plan, forecast, and measurements/reporting for one of those big monolithic fortune 500 companies shipping IT products around the world.
My favorite car is 36 years old, a snazzy red and yellow number. Snoopy is the driver, wearing his WWI flying ace goggles and scarf. Great car, took first place!
- Stan Pope
- Pine Head Legend
- Posts: 6888
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:01 pm
- Location: Morton, Illinois
I hope that the time you spend here will be happy and that your Cubs will have deserved success.
"If it's not for the boys, it's for the birds!"
- Pinewood Daddy
- Pine Head Legend
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:04 pm
- Location: Wallingford, Connecticut
GREAT!! Now I know who to blame for our addiction to the Dark Chocolate Almond bars!!tjeffrey wrote:Make and sell chocolate!!! I work for World's Finest Chocolate - You know, the bars your kids sell for fundraising!
promote craftsmanship and good sportsmanship through competition."
Don Murphy, 1953 (Founder of PWD)
Best Job: Husband and Father of a Boy and Girl
Other Jobs: Cub Master, Asst. Webelos Den Leader, quartermaster (Hey, it's only 1 hour a week........)
Cub Master Pack 290 Wauconda, Il
Day job: Letter Carrier for the U.S. Postal Service.
Night jobs: I make wooden walking/hiking sticks and the odd cub scout wooden project(birdhouse, step stool, book shelf...)
I also am a pitcrew-for-hire for some local scout groups.(I don't actually get paid, but I do get to race at the events )
Father of 4 J's (1 daughter, 3 sons), I'm the 5th. Husband for 11, but been comitted to this very understanding lady for 21 years.
Wolf Den Leader. Fishing, Camping, ATV's.... well if it's outside, I'm there.