My latest non pinewood derby project

Topics not relating to derbies, regattas or cubmobile races.
Fatdaddy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

My latest non pinewood derby project

Post by Fatdaddy »

So, about a month ago, my wife suddenly decided we needed a Chinchilla. So she took my oldest to the pet store, looking for one. She was set on buying one, until she looked at the prices. Minimum 250 bucks each. No cage, just for the chin. So she looked into rescues, and found one near Boston, we drove up, and picked up "Loretta" who my oldest renamed "Bella" Apparently one just wasn't enough, because yesterday we adopted 2 more from a rescue here in CT, "Laverne" and "Shirley" The cage we got with Bella just wasnt big or cool enough, so guess who got recruited to build a new one? :) Actually, I just repurposed an old cabinet. My pops helped me cut 2 holes in each door, and we stapled mesh to the inside. I drilled a few holes for my wife to add a ledge, and a hammock. I added the water bottle, and some throw bolt locks on the outside so my 18 month old can't let them out of the house. Right now, Bella is running wild in the house, since we put them all together last night, and they did nothing but fight. We're finishing the bottom of the cage tomorrow. Here's some pics of the cage, and the 2 newest chins.:

This is the full scope of the cage from the front

Closer view of the top, which is mostly completed, needs a few extra touches.

View from the inside top. Shirley is on the left. She's about twice the size of Laverne, so I nicknamed her "Big Shirl, my homegirl"

I'll post some pics of them with the kids when I find those pics.
Fatdaddy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: My latest non pinewood derby project

Post by Fatdaddy »

Nikolas with Laverne
Fatdaddy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Fatdaddy »

Me giving Big Shirl My Homegirl a treat
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

Jeez FD, I'll bet you're hard to pick out in a crowd!! :mrgreen:

We have many reptiles and a few mammals. We currently have (2) Degu's which look like mini-chins. We will be getting a Chin from a friend soon. We helped rearrange their repti/living room on Sunday. They must have 6 or 8 Chins and have bred them.
Fatdaddy
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Fatdaddy »

Pinewood Daddy wrote:Jeez FD, I'll bet you're hard to pick out in a crowd!! :mrgreen:

We have many reptiles and a few mammals. We currently have (2) Degu's which look like mini-chins. We will be getting a Chin from a friend soon. We helped rearrange their repti/living room on Sunday. They must have 6 or 8 Chins and have bred them.
I know, I cant hide anywhere :)

My wife has become obsessed with the little things. Can you post a pic of what the Degu's look like? I won't show my wife, or she'll have me trying to bring one home from your district derby :)