"Chromed" Engines for PWD Cars

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

"Chromed" Engines for PWD Cars

Post by Go Bubba Go »

Anybody have, or know where I can get, some "Chromed" plastic engines like you see displayed in our truck below.

I found the one shown in the truck above in a toy car at a garage sale. I have been scrounging at several department and toy stores, but apparently "big honkin' engines" aren't as popular in toys as they were when I was a youngin'.
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
Go Bubba Go
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: "Chromed" Engines for PWD Cars

Post by Go Bubba Go »

FYI I did manage to locate a source (at least for now) for the engines that I was seeking.

I found a number of "Road Rippers" cars with the "chromed" engines at a Big Lot's closeout store. Given that Big Lot's is a closeout store and that the cars I found are no longer shown on the website (www.roadrippers.com), it would seem these are "last year's models". There are a couple new models, however, that have similar chromed engines.

p.s. Little Bubba will be happy, a couple new cars to play with (after I pull the engines) :wink:
"Who's Grandpa's neighbor?"... Phil Davis, Down and Derby
Nitro Dan
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Nitro Dan »

Have you thought about making molds from the engines and casting them in resin? I hear Alumilite is a strong light weight resin that should do the trick. A little chrome spray paint and you should have an exact copy of any engine that you have. Just a thought. :)

-Nitro Dan
Take good and make it great. Take fast and make it faster. Performance drives success!
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »