Looking for vintage style kit

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
Bulldog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Looking for vintage style kit

Post by Bulldog »

Figured I'd put this in this forum as well- Probably should have been here to begin with. :oops:

I'd like to find a vintage (or at least vintage-style) kit reminiscent of the cars I made as a boy in the 70's.

Similar to this one from Beta Crafts:

Beta crafts appears to have a minimum order of 24 kits. I'm just looking for one or two. :(

Does anyone know where I can acquire one?
Mr. Slick
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Looking for vintage style kit

Post by Mr. Slick »

I will be getting a case or two for a special race(F.R.E.D.) that I'm hosting in February.

Keep an eye on my web site and you can get one once it is added to the online entry/order form.

Big Rig 18 wheeler kits are available now for the race October 7th.

I'll also have some with me at the Lima land 2007.
Mr. Slick says: Honey, I am doing this for the kids, not myself.
derby doc
Merchant
Merchant

Post by derby doc »

I have seen some similar to these on ebay lately. Here is S&W Crafts website. There kits are similar also. I hope this helps.
http://www.pinewoodderbycars.com/
smackdab
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by smackdab »

Hello...I'm new to this forum, had alot of fun last season and my son and I did very well.

Look on ebay...there is a nice kit for sale now, a little under 7 hours left on bidding at the time when I wrote this. where I am it's 1:00pm est sun., 8/19.

I did buy some vintage kits recently on ebay. I have not recieved my order yet. the picture looked good but, I hope the box didn't spend the last 20 or 30 years in a damp basement. the kit(s) are not complete, I liked that because I don't i'll destroy any real collector value. I will have enough parts to bulid a few cars in the end.

I need to get away from the computer....my daughter thinks i'm nuts and my wife will kill me if i buy more derby stuff. My son thinks it's a wonderful idea...go figure.

I'm looking forward to building a vintage car for a "dads" race....good luck
Pinewood Daddy
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Pinewood Daddy »

Bulldog wrote:Beta crafts appears to have a minimum order of 24 kits. I'm just looking for one or two. :(

Does anyone know where I can acquire one?
Beta Crafts will sell you whatever quantity you want.

A few months ago I bought 12 car kits and 8 wheel kits.

I have some old kits from eBay, but the Beta Crafts kits are alot cheaper if you want to make a vintage car. I bought a really cool car on eBay and I plan on reproducing it for next season.