2 Lane BestTrack for sale

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

2 Lane BestTrack for sale

Post by gpraceman »

I found this listing on eBay, for anyone looking for a 2 lane track.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BestTrack-Aluminum- ... dZViewItem
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
ohiofitter
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: 2 Lane BestTrack for sale

Post by ohiofitter »

The pictures sure look good .........the only thing is there no mention of any holes for a finish line sensor...I know best track will drill for you
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

ohiofitter wrote:the only thing is there no mention of any holes for a finish line sensor...I know best track will drill for you
It is hard to tell from the photos. You could always ask that question to the seller. Anyways, it isn't hard to drill two holes.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
GravityRacer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by GravityRacer »

Coming from my experience with building wood tracks for Cub Scouts, I will say that I would never buy a used track, unless I could look at it in person. My experience is, the Derby organizer will set it on end in the mud outside his garage, and call you a week later to tell you he's done with it. My experience also with loaning a track to another person, unattended, is exactly ONCE. After that, I insisted that I be present during the derby, that I brought the track, and took it with me when the race was over. Or I loaned it out, but I was paid a fair price for the track as a refundable deposit when the race was over. Amazing how well people treat equipment when they know they will have to pay if they wreck it.

While I would expect that this expensive chunk of track has been not mistreated, I wouldn't buy it. Now, I know of guys in South Carolina who are probably closer to the track than the cost in gas for a round trip to the owner's place, so it would be a really good deal for them!
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Having someone local to buy the track would be the best. Not many will likely pack the track up for shipping to properly protect it as well as the manufacturer can.

We do have members all over the U.S., so I figured there might be someone that drops in here that may be interested (or knows of someone who might).
Randy Lisano

GravityRacer
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by GravityRacer »

Yes, it was nice of you to post this! I hope somebody can benefit from it. I seem like a downside kind of guy sometimes, but I guess my native caution spills out too much.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

GravityRacer wrote:I seem like a downside kind of guy sometimes, but I guess my native caution spills out too much.
Oh, I fully agree with you. I wouldn't buy a used track sight unseen.

I also would never let our pack's or Awana club's track be lent out to anyone without someone going with it to make sure it was treated properly and to make sure nothing got misplaced.
Randy Lisano