Free pinewood track (GONE)

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
rwalexander
Apprentice
Apprentice

Free pinewood track (GONE)

Post by rwalexander »

I have a 48 foot track that I would be happy to give to a cub scout pack. I built it about 8 years ago. It is a
plywood frame with a metal covering. It has 4 lanes to race in. This track is in a plywood box with wheels so it can be rolled
into the building. This is a heavy track(that's one of the reasons I built a new track) in the box, so shipping it would be expensive! If you want it you would need
to pick it up (It's in Utah). It does not include any electronics like software or finish gate. I am transfering those
items to the new track. If you are interested let me know.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free pinewood track

Post by gpraceman »

Wow, that is a very generous offer. If you don't get a response here, maybe you can call your district office and see if they know of packs near you that don't have their own track.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by psycaz »

Too bad it's to heavy to ship.

Congrats on trying to help others out. I'm sure you will find someone that can use it.
rwalexander
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rwalexander »

When I went to our scout round table I let people know that I had a track to give away, but no word back. As for being generous
I love nothing better than helping out our scouts. I have been doing it for 30 years now in one way or another.I was helped as a boy scout who got his eagle and I am trying to return the help I got.
rwalexander
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rwalexander »

Found a home for the track. A grandfather of a cub scout about 100 miles to the south of me, contacted me and wanted the track to help his grandson for their upcoming derby.
Thanks