Looking for a good home for Piantedosi 32 foot wood track.

Here's a place for members to buy, sell, trade or list wanted supplies, tools, etc.. This is not a forum for commercial merchants to advertise in.
Paul Curtis
Journeyman
Journeyman

Looking for a good home for Piantedosi 32 foot wood track.

Post by Paul Curtis »

I have a 32 foot wood Piantedosi track that I would like to donate to a needy pack. Do you know of any such pack? We got this track for my oldest son with the agreement that we would donate it to a needy pack when we were done with it. We are now done with the cub scouts and it is time to get it out of the house. The thing weighs a ton so I don't think that I can ship it. The track surface has been urethaned but is a little dusty/dirty. The supports have a small amount of water damage due to the recent flooding in Massachusetts. The track is located in Sudbury MA. We also have a hand made timer that will be going with the track.
Paul Curtis
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Looking for a good home for Piantedosi 32 foot wood track.

Post by Paul Curtis »

The track is 4 lanes.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

You might want to check with the office for your district. They may know of a needy pack. If you do not know your district's office phone number, you can use the Cub Scout Pack locator, at http://www.joincubscouting.org/locator/index.html. When you type in your zip code, you will get a list of packs in your area and the council website and phone number. From the council website, you can get to the district website and then their contact information.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
psycaz
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by psycaz »

Wish it wasn't so far. Our pack is looking for a track and this sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly. Probably too much to ship it and gas would be about $250 total. That and would have to add in an overnight stay somewhere along the line.
68sportcoupe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Re: Looking for a good home for Piantedosi 32 foot wood trac

Post by 68sportcoupe »

Is this still available we are in pelhm nh and had to borrow a track last year.
I know this was a while ago but i got my fingers crossed.
thanks mike.
FatSebastian
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by FatSebastian »

68sportcoupe wrote:Is this still available
Since Paul was getting out of PWD, I don't know if he still follows DT. Regardless, I can affirm that his track is no longer available. Sorry.
Last edited by FatSebastian on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68sportcoupe
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by 68sportcoupe »

thanks fore the heads up.