sig files

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

sig files

Post by Rod Turnbull »

Could we get the use of a fixed width font that does not discard all the blank spaces for the sig file so we can make some ASCII Art? Having to insert all the periods to space things is kind of lame... or even better yet, let us use images of a limited size and shape...
..._/""\__........~_o__............../""""\__.....~_o\__...........//[3].[4].[1].[2]\\.......MASTER
_"O----O-"____"O""-O"~_____"-O----O"___-O----O"____[]____________[]___PINEHEAD
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sig files

Post by gpraceman »

After digging through the code trying to fix the brogen image issue with some old posts, I have found that the parsing of signatures and posts are really complex. I really don't want to monkey with that any more than I have to.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

Fair enough...

Is there a code we can use to get the default background and text colors from the users profile? This sig file should look OK for those who are using a black background but will look odd to people who prefer the white background.
..._/""\__........~_o__............../""""\__.....~_o\__...........//[3].[4].[1].[2]\\.......MASTER
_"O----O-"____"O""-O"~_____"-O----O"___-O----O"____[]____________[]___PINEHEAD
Darin McGrew
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Darin McGrew »

Yeah, the yellow text on a pale-blue background is pretty hard to read...
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

There really isn't a way to carry over part of a user's theme and apply it regardless of what other member's are using for their theme.

I could enable images in signatures, though I hesitate to do so. I have seen images in signatures get rather out of hand on some boards. You end up trying to pick out the message posts from the image "noise". That and I personally don't want to have to scroll vertically any more than I have too.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Rod Turnbull
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Rod Turnbull »

LOL, your call... I'm just tossing in some ideas and suggestions here. And I do know what you mean by the sigs getting out of hand (it drives me nuts too), hence the max size restrictions I was talking about.