Hello and thank you

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Zackracing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello and thank you

Post by Zackracing »

I have been reading and studying for some months now before finally joining the forum. I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge. My son and I had David Meade's book when we started our 1st build. I was lucky enough to find Derby Talk before we finished so we could make some improvements. We did not have a test track and I am not real handy with tools (I got a "C" in wood shop!). The Pack race was the 1st time we got to see the car run more than about 8 feet. When we won our 1st race, the look on my son's face as he turned to find me was worth more than I can express. He won every race and the Pack championship. We worked on every part of the car together using 2 BSA kits to find the best wheels and axles. By reading and watching the videos all of you posted here, I taught myself and then taught my son. To Stan, Sporty and the rest of you that share so freely to help Parents and children, Thanks!
WI_Dad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hello and thank you

Post by WI_Dad »

There is nothing like the feeling of watching your son experience success. And while success is not always measured by victories, the vicitories do make make it sweet. Congrats to you and your son. :bigups:

My son's race is in two days. Wish us luck. :eager:
Zackracing
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Zackracing »

Good Luck to you and your son! I will be rooting for you both! :clap:
sporty
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by sporty »