DerbyTalk "In House" Race?

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

DerbyTalk "In House" Race?

Post by Vitamin K »

So has the idea of having a DerbyTalk hosted Derby Race ever come up? That is, a (presumably) proxy race wherein all of the DerbyTalk regulars would send their best efforts in to somebody who has a track and is willing to run races?

It's not even a semi-serious idea in my brain right now, but since the notion popped in there, I was just curious if the possibility has ever been tossed around before. 8)
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DerbyTalk "In House" Race?

Post by gpraceman »

Not to my recollection. That is not something that I would really want to be tied up with, due to my workload.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
Vitamin K
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Vitamin K »

Haha, well, even if it happened, Randy, that doesn't mean you'd have to personally run it. Maybe just, you know, "bless" it. ;)
gpraceman wrote:Not to my recollection. That is not something that I would really want to be tied up with, due to my workload.
birddog
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by birddog »

The Mid-America race offers this opportunity already. Just build a car for that race and enter the open adult division race. You just have to know who everybody is in order to compare times, but that is not too difficult. I'll bet 25% of the entrants in that race last year were from DT.

birddog
Noskills
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by Noskills »

Yeah we all put Derby Talk decals on our cars, I collected a list of screen names car names and e-mail addresses and we all had some fun.
No skills
"Nunchuk skills... bowhunting skills... pinewood derby skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"
Napoleon Dynamite