Email Notifications

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Email Notifications

Post by davet »

Not sure where to post this question. Why am I no longer getting notified by e-mail when replies are posted to a subscribed thread? The box for getting replies is being checked and my e-mail is correct. What button did I inadvertently push?
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Posting Tips

Post by gpraceman »

davet wrote:Not sure where to post this question. Why am I no longer getting notified by e-mail when replies are posted to a subscribed thread? The box for getting replies is being checked and my e-mail is correct. What button did I inadvertently push?
It's working for me. Maybe the email notices are going to your spam/junk folder.
Randy Lisano
Romans 5:8

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Not going to spam. It used to work but just stopped.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

I did see that you had "Notify me upon replies by default" set to No. I changed that for you.
Randy Lisano

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

I didn't even know that was something I had and that I didn't want it. Thank you very much!
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Still not getting notifications.
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

davet wrote:Still not getting notifications.
I don't know what's up, unless the emails are getting dumped to your spam/junk mail folder.
Randy Lisano

davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Not going to junk. I'll just keep checking topics. Thanks.
davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

davet wrote:Not sure where to post this question. Why am I no longer getting notified by e-mail when replies are posted to a subscribed thread? The box for getting replies is being checked and my e-mail is correct. What button did I inadvertently push?
Just yesterday I started getting notifications again. I have no idea why as I haven't changed anything. It sure is nice. :D
gpraceman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by gpraceman »

Well, I think that I finally figured out the problem. It was a DNS issue with the server. Some emails were being rejected outright by the receiving domain without generating the typical bounce email to let me know that there was a problem. I had never looked at the mail delivery log on the server until recently and that helped me spot what was going on.
Randy Lisano

davet
Master Pine Head
Master Pine Head

Post by davet »

Well, thanks for all the unseen work and time you spend on this forum. It is entertaining, informative and has helped my boy and I, and my family also, to have some awesome derby experiences.