This still online?

General topics of interest to racers and race coordinators alike.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

This still online?

Post by Sleestak »

This forum still open? Havnt seen a post in a year.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Re: This still online?

Post by Speedster »

Come on, Sleestak, It's only been 4 months since the last one. Or did you mean you haven't been on Derbytalk for a year? Good Hearing from you, Your name is very familiar. What Ya been up to involving the Pinewood Derby?
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

I guess I meant havnt seen a post since 2019. What am I up to. Ready to defend my daughters title from 2019 in march. Dont mean to be a [censored] but they offer no competition so I told my daughter we are. It racing the other kids we are racing her car from last year. I still have all the times on the printout they gave us. I understand the track may not be identicle or even the same track. I am on pinewood derby online forum as well. New this year is better weight placement and I did splurge and but some fancy tires.
Speedster
Pine Head Legend
Pine Head Legend

Post by Speedster »

I've got an idea. Why don't you and your daughter build a new one and see if you can't beat the time of the one she raced. That will be a challenge for you and a lot of fun for her as she works along with you.

I'm a bit surprised the rules don't require a new car be built each year. If she won, and WON BIG, that car will be remembered and it might get disqualified. That might not affect you much because you can get over a loss in a few minutes but it will break a little girls heart.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

Heck no we have a whole new car.?????
Last edited by Sleestak on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

Yes rules say no return cars.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

Speedster wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:31 am I've got an idea. Why don't you and your daughter build a new one and see if you can't beat the time of the one she raced. That will be a challenge for you and a lot of fun for her as she works along with you.

I'm a bit surprised the rules don't require a new car be built each year. If she won, and WON BIG, that car will be remembered and it might get disqualified. That might not affect you much because you can get over a loss in a few minutes but it will break a little girls heart.
Yes I told her we are not racing the other kids as they no challenge. Lol. Sorry but its true. I told her we racing last years car. Maybe the track isnt identicle in everyway. Im sure it wont be but will be fun anyway. I still have printout of the times.
On the other pinewood derby online mesage board I have photos of the race her car this year and last year if interrsted. And her with her trophy.
Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

Sleestak
Pine Head
Pine Head

Post by Sleestak »

Oh I see there are many more threads in this forum. Maybe thats why I was wondering if this was still online. Going there now!